Wednesday, August 24, 2011

August/September Oven


August has been a very busy month for my tiny circle of builder friends. Mhyja Questi and GasOven over at Bunnystar and Red Phosphorus (respectively) have been hard at work, not only creating delightful new products but revamping and expanding their home location at GoQuest Plaza. Not only are their stores larger than ever before, but GasOven also opened the Aludra Art Gallery, which showcases work from both Second Life and real world photographers, illustrators, painters, and more. Be sure to check it out, there are some truly breath-taking pieces on display, especially the real world photography by GasOven herself. I may be a bit biased, but seriously go check it out for yourself.

As for me, I've been hard at work all month trying to get new products out, so busy in fact, that this Oven is a week and a half late! Gomennasai. But, without further ado, let's get on to the products. We have two for today, but with any luck, September will be a much more productive month. One can only hope.



CASTOR

You're one tough bastard.

So, I have an immense love for ATLUS and the Shin Megami Tensei series of video games, especially Persona 3. Both of today's products are inspired by that game, the first of which is the CASTOR pea coat pictured above (right next to my kiosk at the newly remodeled GoQuest Plaza). Based on the pea coat worn by my favorite character, Shinjiro Aragaki, the CASTOR will come in the plum color shown above and charcoal. This is my first foray into actual clothing, and as with any new endeavor, I'm learning a lot as I go. The jacket will feature a three panel flexi bottom, a jacket layer top with prim collar, lapels, sleeves and shoulder pads with epaulets (not pictured).


This is how I do things, got it?

Detail is key when making high quality apparel, and you'll love the little details on this coat. The pea coat itself is double-breasted, with eight prim buttons down the front torso. The collar and lapels will be lined with little metal "rivets," and the sleeve cuffs will have small black belts around them complete with sculpted belt buckles. The CASTOR will be the perfect addition to any man's wardrobe, and it's just in time for Autumn.

THANATOS WINGS

I sense Death!

Okay, so you'll notice that this is an update from last month's Product Oven. Since it's the only one of the three that has yet to come out, I figured you guys would like an update on its progress. I'm happy to say that it is nearly finished. I'm currently calling it simply Thanatos, since a real name has yet to be decided. I honestly have no idea what to name this product, but I'll figure it out before the drop (I hope). 

It matters not who you are, Death awaits you.

It features eight coffins (four on each shoulder) connected by particle chains. The face of each coffins bears a metal Templar holding a simple cruciform sword in relief. On the backside, the chains connecting each coffin feed through a heavy metal clasp. Those same clasps attach the coffins to your shoulders. As you walk or fly, the chains clink! Both the particle chains and the chain SFX can be turned off by chat commands.

I hope to animate the coffins so that they bob up and down, but that may not be possible with the available technology within Second Life. I am currently investigating my options and hope to have the matter resolved soon.

Well, that's all for this month. New products will drop throughout the month of September, and hopefully the next Oven will be out on time around the middle of the month. See you again.

~Wraithe

1 comment:

  1. *giggles* I like that the images are outside of GoQuest ^_^

    I love your Castor coat! Featured it on StyleOven.com today. Very handsome design!

    Talk to you soon my friend!

    ReplyDelete

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More